Preview Guides and Center Point

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Vjcheshire
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Preview Guides and Center Point

Post by Vjcheshire »

Hello, I was at a recent even and the client was sending me content in the middle of the event with all different shapes and sizes. It was quite difficult to line up everything while the event was in progress and I had a thought... would there be a way to get guide lines on the preview monitor and/or a center point. The guidelines could be pulled from just outlines of the slices or output screens to show where content would end up if it was pushed live. This event was particularly difficult because my comp had to be 3840x2160, I had output sizes of 2304x1152, 1920x1080, and another screen that had to be scaled differently because the processor wasn't getting the proper EDID. If I could have had guidelines on the preview monitor for 2304x1152 I could easily scale and place content where needed so when I push it live, it looks good every time.

The idea is much like the title/action/safe for After Effects and the rulers/guidelines so lining up content can be exact. The center point would just be for reference across multiple resolutions to see how far off center things would be when moved (or lining up 2 images side by side in the center of the screen)

tijnisfijn

Re: Preview Guides and Center Point

Post by tijnisfijn »

Nice id... would be helpfull....But until this is the case, I made you a simple plug-in that does this.... You can put it on top of any layer or clip and turn the Guides on or off. Hope thats helps you out for now....
Attachments
Guides by Tijn.cwired
(24.4 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

Vjcheshire

Re: Preview Guides and Center Point

Post by Vjcheshire »

tijnisfijn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:11 Nice id... would be helpfull....But until this is the case, I made you a simple plug-in that does this.... You can put it on top of any layer or clip and turn the Guides on or off. Hope thats helps you out for now....
Awesome. Thanks. This should work for now. Cheers