Trying to find a different workflow for arena

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
MrCarballo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Trying to find a different workflow for arena

Post by MrCarballo »

Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to point out that I'm new to arena, I've used it a couple times for fairly easy mapping projects, not that interesting to be honest but, while working on those projects I started to develop the idea that Arena could be used in other way. I think the software is capable of creating visual compositions similar to what you would do in photoshop or after effects, and then passing it different values to react to a live musical performance, I say this is a different approach to the software since most of the tutorials and training that I've found so far focus very heavily in using arena to manage videos and not creating the visuals inside the software.

So, I would like to ask the Resolume community for direction, tutorials or insight on how to approach the software in this manner, this are some of the topics that I'm currently having problems with:

- How to create graphics inside Arena without the use of external assets? (even simple things like squares, lines or circles)
- How to use static assets (like png or jpeg) to create interesting animation inside arena?
- Best type of assets to use in order to avoid frame drops in animation?
- How to manage a big number of layers in a column without it becoming a cluster fuck?
- How to setup audio input for it to be able to control specific values of different animation without overlapping?
- Multichannel audio input solution?

Thanks in advance to everyone and if someone have some kind of project that resembles what I'm describing I would really appreciate that you share.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Trying to find a different workflow for arena

Post by He2neg »

Hey,

You might wanna look into this (quite old) video. Some1 did a lot of nice looking stuff inside Resolume with only the internel sources.

https://vimeo.com/7041944

With the new "update thumbnail" option it also will look very nice ;)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

MrCarballo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by MrCarballo »

This is precisely what I've been looking for, thanks for the links

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

At that was with the old arena, now we have a lot more resources to explode. :)
- Best type of assets to use in order to avoid frame drops in animation?
A tip: If you are planning to use png files, is far better to export that unique frame on a dxv video file.