We have just uploaded a new resolume version to our website. We're calling this one beta 2. We have fixed many if not all bugs but so far were unable to reproduce one or two bugs that were reported.
- right click the save-deck button to save a copy of the current deck.
- chaos mode is improved, chaos can now switch between decks. The chaos mode doesn't interfere with the user input, so it won't change the focus of the channels and layers anymore. You can freely change the other layers and its properties without losing focus.
- we implemented a bypass button for the layers, this way you can setup a layer before you display it on the screen.
- mousewheel works on filebrowser, use mousewheel to scroll up and down the list.
- we changed the place and appearance of the clear layer buttons.
- mousewheel behaviour has improved, when entering a slider with the mouse the focus is set to that slider. Using the mousewheel on top of a slider results in changing it's value.
- shortcuts and midi keys are now available to bypass global and layer effects, and also to bypass the different layers.
- implemented alt-click, alt-click clears a layer or channel. Its works the same as using the ALT-shortcut combination.
- midi- and key shortcuts for bypassing layer effects, global effects and layers.
- the mouse mode of the effect params works now with the mouse position on the complete screen or only on the ouput screen if that option is set. that option was present before but didn't work.
- shortcuts and settings for the effects and freeframe plugins are now stored and not lost. also the opened or closed state of the effect categories are remembered
- some popups reapeared when openening other dialogs, this has been fixed.
- dvdmax has been fixed, only worked on ati cards, now works on matrox cards as well again.
- when you right click a channel with pictures it will show you how many pictures there are loaded in that channel.
- chaos bug is fixed, layer order is now taken into account when using chaos mode.
- tile with audio doesn't crash the application anymore.
- flash files sometimes didn't play when no audio signal was present, now they will.
- in and outpoints are fixed, length of clip was not allways shown correct, espcially when loading deck from resolume 1.51
- setting in and out point bug is fixed, as well as its midi implementation.
- toggle direction is fixed.
- screen setup bugs are fixed.
- opacity up active layer shorctut is fixed (shift +=)
- for the rest we worked on minor bugs like the behaviour of scrollbars, midi and key shortcuts.
Tips and tricks
- right clicking on sliders results in restoring the value to it's default. this works on the audio and effect param sliders.
- holding down shift when changing properties of a channel will result in changing the same value for all the channels in the deck. This also works on the layer properties, then all layers will be set to the same values.
- if you have a smaller screen and your global effects appear in the tabs, the bypass button of an effect is not visible. right click the remove button to disable the effect.
Enjoy! And let us know what you think here.