Decks disappear

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
karamasov
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Decks disappear

Post by karamasov »

Hiya,
I´ve read the manual and the internets, but no new posts about today´s topic: Decks disappear on restart.

Running Arena 5.1.3 on a brand spanking new MacBook Pro 2016.
Saved a project with 18 decks and hours of work. Saved it every 20 seconds or so, as I always do because sometimes Arena crashes if you do 7 things at the same time, clicking things + triggering via keys + fader via Midi + network traffic + OSC.
So I save more than anyone I know.

But Decks never came back. I have had version 5.1.2 installed on the same machine, but not been using it. And compositions are compositions, as long as they´re in the right folder, right?

Can it be that Arena won´t load empty decks?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Decks disappear

Post by Arvol »

Probably a dumb question... Did your missing decks have clips loaded into them? I've had decks go A-wall before but I didn't have any clips loaded into them.

karamasov
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by karamasov »

Not a dumb question at all! - it might be that some of the decks were empty.
Which sux, since that´s the evenings set list, and the way I´m programming is to lay out ques in one master deck, then copy cues to the different songs/decks after the rehearsal is over, or even while rehearsal is running.

Which means, I lose a vital part of the work process if Arena crashes, which sometimes happens. Yes, I can copy something into each deck, but that would be a workaround. I don´t like workarounds :)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Can you explain your work process that involves saving empty decks a bit more? Maybe give a practical example? I'm not trying to be snarky here. I'm just trying to fully grasp what you're trying to do, so that we have a better idea of what we can do to make that easier.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I'd put a picture of a taco in the empty decks... That would be a workaround... But I also love tacos.... ;)