I can't see the decks!

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Ozz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

I can\'t see the decks!

Post by Ozz »

I had a go on Resolume with a Vj friend and I was so impressed with it that I decided to buy it straight away!
I just installed it on my machine and I had a nasty surprise... I can't see my decks! I can see the files when I load them (with the eye icon) and I can save decks, I can even play... but I can't see the previews! I enclosed a screen capture of what I see... I foresee a lot of difficulties doing a gig with blind previews...
Can you tell me what's could be wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Ozz

WinXP Pro service pack 1
Intel Penthium 4CPU 3.00GHz
Radeon 9600 series
Files: Flash and AVI,all encoded with Indeo XP 5.2

[Edited on 12-4-2005 by Ozz]
Attachments
Resolume.jpg
Resolume.jpg (107.96 KiB) Viewed 14102 times

Ozz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Ozz »

If anybody out there is having the same problem, the good news is that there is a way around it: double loading the clips. The first loading will show a blank deck but if you re-load each clips on its spot on the deck (even not seeing the clip you’re calling they can be identified on the preview window), the deck become - and remains - visible. This procedure is necessary only for the first deck, all decks created after that will behave normally. Unfortunately this is not true of the decks created before…
The bad news is that it doesn’t make much sense. I sent a step by step description of what I’ve done to Bart&Edwin, I hope that they come up with a logical explanation or fix this bug, if that’s a bug.
Having installed Resolume only yesterday I have no idea if it will remain stable or if I this problem will pop up again. Also I can’t say I’m too happy to have to spend the night trying to fix a incomprehensible bug 5 minutes after buying the program...:(
But I’ve got a gig on Saturday, till then I intend to push it to the max… I'll report any further problem on this forum.
While I’m here I’d like to invite you to see my site http://vjozz.org. I put it online last week, tell me what you think!
Ozz

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I ran across this issue myself - and then found your message...

I am still trying the software but I found out what your problem is.

You saved your decks by right clicking the name tab at the bottom of the interface.

If you click the button labeld "Save Deck" instead - all will be there on reload.

Synner

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Are they Quicktimes ?

Code: Select all

Quicktime (.mov) movies do not play and give a [color=Red]white [/color]preview.
Some quicktime movies do not work because they are streaming quicktimes. They are made to be viewed embedded in a website and not for vj-ing.

juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by juLiE »

Originally posted by Anonymous
You saved your decks by right clicking the name tab at the bottom of the interface.

If you click the button labeld "Save Deck" instead - all will be there on reload.

Synner
i just tried this and i think you're right, because it worked for me.

another solution that i came up with was NOT to preview the clips when saving deck, regardless if you use the "save" at tab or button. meaning, load footage into channels and set properties/effects by right clicking, but do NOT click on channel so that it runs in preview.

this seems to be a preview problem when saving decks.

also, if you open those .dck files in notepad with decks that do not have this problem, you will notice a big difference in the binary pattern. for example, the one that had problems had a large section of "Y's" after the word "preview".

hopefully this helps Bart & Edwin.

btw, i was not having this problem and i'm still using 2.0, but just today i started having this problem and i did note that my old avis and new ones had different header info when looking at them in abcAVI tag editor. so that may a bit of an issue too.

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

now i don't get it.

i had just posted that "save" button and my solution worked.

well, now they no longer work and i have restarted computer, closed resolume, etc., etc.

i guess i'll try to reload app

p.s. if interested in opinions, i'd say fixing bugs is more important than new features - this app has plenty of nice features already, but if it doesn't work, it's stressful (and i know it also depends on peoples hardware/software setups, it's not a easy thing to program for)....i have a show tonight and i was creating decks and now i can't save decks with out the white screen of channel death.

i have not done anything different to my pc and it dedicated to resolume only (not many apps).

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

i uninstalled and reinstalled resolume and that did not work, HOWEVER...

here's another solution around this issue:

load a deck that loads fine (hopefully you have one of these). then start replacing each channel with new footage and "save as" (tab) to a new name - do NOT replace this deck that loads fine, save it (even make a backup), you're gonna need it as a template to create new ones. after the initial "save as" (tab), then i have been using the "save" button for continuing to save.

so far this is working...

but i really consider this a major issue and one that is hard to determind a pattern - seems like something is ultimately set in registry and a fresh install of o.s. is needed, but i do not have time for that now since gig is tonight.

VJ555
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by VJ555 »

thanx julie, u just saved me.................yup, this worx;)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Originally posted by VJ555
thanx julie, u just saved me.................yup, this worx;)
sorry i'm replying late - VJed at the big electronica festival in detroit this weekend (fuse-in) and was very busy.

glad it saved you...it saved me too, ha!

still love resolume, though, and people at the festival were very curious about this app....we're a bit in the dark ages about vjing here...yes, home of techno...oh well, maybe that'll change someday ;-)

peace-olah, juLiE

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

sorry, that post above was from me....