When we released Arena 5 with the added options for DMX output, we were expecting you guys to do amazing things with it. Still, Spencer Heron from Rebel Overlay recently sent us a video that exceeded our expectations and then some.
Their setup has video, lights and laser, all controlled by a single instance of Arena. Combined with Rebel Overlay's trademark minimal design, it looks downright amazing.
Read more about Rebel Overlay and how they made this happen below.
This blog is about Resolume, VJ-ing and the inspiring things the Resolume users make. Do you have something interesting to show the community?
Send in your work!
- * Resolume 7.3.2 Maintenance Release
- * Resolume 7.3.1 Toggle Clips, Optional NDI PTZ
- * Plenty of new footage!
- * We Need to Talk. Join us on Slack!
- * Resolume 7.3.0 Released! Start settings for parameter animation, new effects & generators
- * Resolume 7.2.1 Maintenance Release
- * Resolume 7.2.0 Released! Clip Renderer, Recording & Conversion Improvements, 2 New Effects
- * Visual storytelling with STVinMotion
- * Want Plugins? Get Juicebar!
- * A footage pack in memory of Jonathan Bernbaum
This month we have some long awaited goodies for you.
Laak finally gets to drop his phenomenal Botik:
Get Botik by Laak *exclusively* from Resolume Footage.
Chromosoom is back with FlatFundamentals:
Get FlatFundamentals by Chromosoom *exclusively* from Resolume Footage.
And resident psychonaut Catmac is doing some LucidDreaming:
Get LucidDream by Catmac from Resolume Footage. Comment »
Here we have another maintenance release for you. Arena 5.0.2 and Avenue 4.5.2 contains quite a few bug fixes, some small workflow improvements and 3 new effects. Highly recommended this one, hit that download.
- New effects: ParticleSystem, PolarKaleido and Sparkles (Thanks to Joris & Edwin)
- Chinese interface translation by Antonio Sou (Thank you Ant!)
- German interface translation by Walter Riemenschneider (Thank you Walt!)
- Copy/Cut/Paste Slices & Fixtures (Thank you Spencer!)
- Activate advanced output Pan Tool with middle mouse click (Thanks Elgarf!)
- BPM ticker is highlighted on every 16th beat, starting with the 1st (Thanks Joris!)
- OSC input can take doubles as well as floats (Thanks VUO!)
- Inserting any USB device can cause Resolume to hang for a few seconds
- Crash with USB display device on OSX
- Enttec USB device support for OSX El Capitan
- Edge blending applies wrong blending when slices get stretched out
- Advanced Output defaults to nearest neighbor scaling
- When in Output Transform tab, click through shouldn't select slices from other screens
- Flash colors shown incorrect on El Capitan
- User is prevented from entering same port for OSC input and output on the same IP.
- Give some more info when trying to load an 4 screen setup preset in 5
- Immediate deselect for warped slices
- Advanced output UI does not like non-latin characters
- Selection of Screen is heavy and causes output to stop for a moment
- Remove 'Lumiverse 1' from the DMX input name
- AV fader doesn't pick up A and V slider when controlled via dmx/osc/midi
- Match Shape on multiple polygon slices
- Improve copy naming behaviour
- SMPTE offset for clip has wrong calculation when set to 29.97
- Fixture editor doesn't function with non-latin characters in user name
- Output masks are not re-rendered when reordered in the treeview
- Scrambled Japanese characters in output setup.
- Input mask outputs black on non-masking area instead of transparent
- Only draw fixture contents if its Lumiverse is selected
- Fixture Path is constructed from FileName, but our paths should only contain ASCII characters
- Remove match output shape for DMX Fixtures
- OSX Slice Copy/Cut/Pasting is intercepted by Mac Menu
- Warping header is only visible when it has anything to show
March is blockbuster month at Resolume Footage
Ican Agoesdjam busts the block with no less than 150 loops in Prime.
Get Prime by Ican Agoesdjam *exclusively* from Resolume Footage.
Artificially Awake takes blockbuster literally with the follow up to his hugely popular Displace.
Get Displace 2 by Artifically Awake from Resolume Footage.
And Ghosteam delivers the editing goodness with JumpCut.
Get JumpCut by Ghosteam *exclusively* from Resolume Footage. Comment »
The first catch of 2016, and it's a good one!
Luminator rocks that wicked Sin City look in his new pack LuSin:
Get LuSin by Luminator from Resolume Footage
STV in Motion is also on the story telling tip:
Get Cyborgasm by STV in Motion from Resolume Footage
And Laak takes you on a journey. Every design comes with several overlay variations, making this pack ideal for versatile mixing.
Get Ethnik by Laak from Resolume Footage Comment »
So, over the past years we've seen Resolume being used on some amazing shows, stages and performances. It always fills our heart with pride and excitement to be a part of these wonderful projects.
Walking into an empty venue and seeing the stage come alive piece by piece is an amazing experience. With this promo, we hope to share a bit of that wonderful feeling with you.
See you in a dark hall with blinky light bits somewhere!
Because this is the season of giving we've made a Sparkles plugin for you. This plugin looks for edges in your footage and then shimmers some glittering sparkles around those edges. It's fun and very Christmassy
Download the Sparkles plugin for Mac and PC.
We hope you'll have a quiet Christmas with your entire family in good health, we'll see you next year.
Edwin Bart Tim Joris Menno Reinier Bonne Comment »