Resolume creates and stores data in several locations on your computer. Here is a list.
When you are messing around with Resolume's preference files and the like, we're going to assume you're smart enough to replace the part of the directory name that says "Avenue" with "Arena".
Contains the application and licensing information. Has subfolders for
- Default: contains fixtures, presets for the GUI, sources and effects, as well as the default shortcut presets for keyboard and midi.
- Docs: contains language files for GUI and help
- Licenses: contains licensing info for external libs
- Manual: contains the manual. Duh.
- Media: contains the included video files.
- Plugins: contains the included audio and video plugins.
On Mac, it can be found in Macintosh HD/Applications/Resolume Avenue/
On Windows, it lives in C:\Program Files\Resolume Avenue\
This contains all the files that you have created.
- Compositions: all the Resolume comps you've created
- Extra Effects: 3rd party plugins can be installed here and will be loaded automatically
- Fixture Library: any custom fixture profiles are stored here
- Preferences: these files store how you've layed out your interface, which shortcut presets you were using, what composition you were using last, etc.
- Presets: user presets for sources, effects, GUI and the advanced output
- Recorded: all the videos and stills you've recorded
- Shortcuts: all the shortcuts for MIDI, keyboard, OSC and DMX you've created
Can each be found in their own subfolder at
MAC: Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Documents/Resolume Avenue/
Windows: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Resolume Avenue\
Can be found at:
MAC: /Users/[username]/Library/Logs/Resolume Avenue/Resolume Avenue log.txt
Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Resolume Avenue\Resolume Avenue log.txt
Alternatively, you can use the Feedback option found in the Preferences, with the logfile checkbox ticked, to send it to us.
Thumbnail Previews & Text Atlas
Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Resolume Avenue/
Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Resolume Avenue\
Mac: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Resolume Avenue/registration
Windows: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Resolume Avenue\registration
- MAC: /Library/QuickTime/DXV3Codec.component
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\DXV3Codec.qtx
Adobe DXV plugin (AE, Premiere):
- MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/MediaCore/7.0/Resolume DXV
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\MediaCore\7.0\Resolume DXV
- MAC: /Library/Quicklook/ResolumeQuicklook.qlgenerator